HERE’S A QUICK SUMMARY ABOUT THIS PAGE FOLLOWED BY DETAILED INFORMATION
· 11+ years of sales as Full-Time Realtor (BRE #01734464)
· Over 200 homes sold across Sacramento, Placer, Yolo and El Dorado Counties
· Masters Club Member 2011-2016 (Top 10% of Sacramento Area Realtors) - Sacramento Association of Realtors
· Gold Award winner (Top 5% Nationwide) – Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate
· 78% of my business comes from referrals and repeat clients
· Business Degree in “Real Estate and Land Use Affairs”- CSU, Sacramento 2006 Graduate
· Full Team of professional associates and vendors to lead my sellers and buyers successfully through the entire process while meeting their needs and expectations.
I smoothly navigate sellers, buyers, and investors through an intricate process to avoid mistakes and achieve their real estate goals. I take a relational approach to each individual client and strive to find their "Why" of buying or selling a home. I then tailor my efforts to meet their needs in a way that makes them feel valued, appreciated, heard, understood, cared for and professionally represented. I maximize their investment and time while reducing their worries and needed efforts.
MY KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE
I live in College-Glen, so I have first-hand knowledge of the current issues and topics that are going on in the neighborhood. I talk with my neighbors on a regular basis and my kids go to school in the neighborhood, so I am also connecting with the parents of other kids from the area. I am active in the community with helping out the homeowners association and also a member of Nextdoor.com. So, I have my finger on the pulse of the neighborhood due to living and being involved with College-Glen.
Additionally, I am continually working with buyers and sellers in the neighborhood. I have knowledge of listings that will be coming on the market in the future as well as how negotiations went with many escrows in the neighborhood. Also, other agents that don’t specialize in the area know me as a College-Glen expert. I commonly receive calls from other agents who might be having a listing coming up or if they have a buyer that is looking in the area. I have also been inside nearly every property that has come on the market in College-Glen since 2009. All of these things provide me with the best inside look of the College-Glen real estate market so I am able to advise both my buyer and seller clients the best advice for their situation, whether they should act now or wait.
I also have a rental property in the neighborhood. That keeps me tied into the rental market in the area so that I can advise potential investors or homeowners that are thinking about converting to a rental and buying something else. My primary residence is north of the freeway in College Greens and my rental property is south of the freeway in Glenbrook. Both of my properties keep me tied to both subdivisions and both sides of the freeway.
GIVING CLIENTS AN ADVANTAGE
My constant involvement within the College-Glen real estate market gives my clients the ultimate advantage when buying or selling in College-Glen. I know every street from either walking my dog, riding my bike, delivering the quarterly neighborhood newsletter, visiting friends or selling houses. Having been inside nearly every home that has sold in College-Glen since 2009, I know which floor plans are the most popular, which streets have certain issues and what sells the best. Also, when negotiating for my buyer clients, most listing agents know that I live in and specialize in the neighborhood. That gives a bit of an advantage when competing with multiple offers and also gives the seller’s side piece-of-mind that I know the area and will be getting the deal closed with my buyer. I am also able to reference nearly any sale in the past since I’ve been inside all the homes and can compare and contrast the houses and give insight to all the parties involved as to how the houses compare.
AN EDGE IN NEGOTIATING TO SELL A PROPERTY
The age of the homes sometimes presents a challenge for selling in College-Glen. The houses are not new, but at the same time they are not so old that all of them have had the plumbing and electrical completely redone. Typically, major electrical or plumbing problems do not come up in College-Glen homes yet, but many of the properties have galvanized plumbing. That causes the water pressure to slowly decrease over time. If you get an uneducated buyer that is not familiar with age-related issues, then you can run into problems.
The proximity to the freeway is much closer than other neighborhoods around town. Someone who has never lived near a freeway may think it’s going to be a huge noise issue all day, every day. Typically, if you are at least two houses away from the freeway wall then it is rarely an issue for homeowners. This can sometimes be a hurdle to overcome with buyers from out of the area. I like to invite potential buyers to come into the house during rush hour and let them sit and listen. Once they do that, most of the time it is no longer a concern.
Just like the freeway, the river can also be a concern for some out-of-area buyers. They have flashbacks to the New Orleans flood and fear the worst. Educating those buyers is the key. Letting them know the neighborhood has good levees and is in a FEMA zone X500 and XPL. These designations do not require flood insurance. Additional coverage can be added to your homeowner’s policy and it comes at a discounted price since the area is not a high flood risk location. Once that fear is addressed, the river becomes one of the greatest assets and benefits to most residents of College-Glen.
The fact that there is not a middle school or high school within the physical boundaries of the neighborhood can sometimes be a concern to parents looking to buy in the neighborhood. The elementary school in College-Glen is excellent. After that, there are pretty good options for parents/kids that want to enter the lottery or attend various middle/high schools in the area. Once the options are laid out, most parents are comfortable with moving their children into the neighborhood knowing they have a few different choices.
By living and working in the neighborhood, I have an inside look of the College-Glen real estate market on a daily basis. This provides me with insight of the market that other agents from out of the area do not have. I know exactly what’s going on with buyer activity and if demand is low or high. I have been inside all of the properties that have sold recently so I can compare them exactly to all of my listings. Many times I have knowledge of listings that may be coming back on the market due to inspection or buyer issues and also about properties that will be coming on the market in the near future. This provides my clients and me a position of strength to make the best decisions during negotiations. Other agents would be negotiating blind not knowing certain aspects that are going on with the current College-Glen real estate market.
I have lived in the neighborhood and have seen nearly every house that has sold since 2009. This gives me extensive knowledge of all the comparables in regards to what sells fast, what buyers are looking for, what features get sellers top dollar and what’s going on with the market at any given moment in time. This knowledge translates to my sellers making the right decisions before coming on the market and also provides a position of strength during negotiations with buyers’ offers and after inspections. Lastly, I make sure to meet all appraisers at my listings. This way I can talk with them about every single comparable home they are considering. I typically have more knowledge of the College-Glen market than them so I’m able to assist them in knowing what additional features or benefits my listings have compared to recent sales.
WORKING WITH SELLERS:
· Initial appointment to find homeowners “Why” to selling. From there the entire process is tailored to meet the specific needs of that individual seller in a way that makes them feel valued, appreciated, heard, understood, cared for and professionally represented.
· Comparable Market Analysis to analyze market value of that specific property.
· Full Team of vendors available to assist in any pre-market needs: painter, cleaner, stager, roofer, carpet cleaner, handyman, pest inspector, sewer inspector, plumber, landscaper/gardener, appraiser, pool service, escrow team, mortgage lender.
· Home Enhancement Checklist to discuss free and inexpensive solutions to maximize return for highest possible sales price.
· Estimated Net Sheet to review sales expenses and eventual proceeds from sale.
· Thorough Review of Preliminary Title report before putting the house on the market to make sure no unexpected clouds on title. Title and Escrow team to address any surprise issues before the property is put on the market so it is not a concern during escrow.
· Online Transaction Coordination for electronic signatures, paperless file system and online retrieval of documents after the closing.
· Pre-market property assessment of minimum requirements pertaining to smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, self-closing hinges, water heater strapping, electrical components, plumbing, roof, exterior and interior conditions.
· Professional Photography with wide angle lens and high resolution format
· Virtual tour with music and detailed property information
· YouTube video tour
· MatterPort 3-D home tour available
· Drone Photography available
· Twilight Photo shoot available
· Full Color, high resolution, double sided property Flyers for flyer box on sign
· Sign installation
· Broker Open Tour before the property goes live on the market
· Open house
· Open house invitation handed out to the 50-100 surrounding neighbors prior to the open house to stimulate/increase traffic.
· Property Listed on the Sacramento Metrolist MLS system marketing the property to 1,000’s of real estate agents working with potential buyers
· Weekly Marketing/Showing Feedback/Status update reports
· Meet with appraiser to provide access to the property, go over the comps and discuss all upgrades of the home
· Negotiate any buyer requested repair items
· Regularly monitor/check in with the buyers agent and the buyer’s lender to make sure everything is on track and they are meeting their deadlines throughout the transaction.
· Escrow/Title coordination for closing documents and signing appointments
· Post Escrow follow up and transition to Client Appreciation Program